Last night we went to Joe's orientation for Junior High. Can I say WOW ! This is a new school and it was pretty impressive . It made me want to go back and do it again. Sign me up please . Your halls are painted purple your lunch room looks like the mall. I think it sounds better than work. Ok ok . Seriously I can't believe my baby is going to junior high . I'm so not ready for this. Am I ? Am I even old enough for this ? Is he ? I guess so. I actually left feeling excited and hopeful. Excited for all the fun possibilites coming his way. New friends, elective classes, activities, dances , lockers, lunch ala carte, new girls, art classes and ice cream !!!! He was most excited about the ice cream and lunch , lunch and lunch . Yes he is very much a boy ! He likes to eat ! And he can eat ice cream every day if he chooses. What's better than that ?
I like to think he is still my little boy but last night made me realize he really is becoming a young man . And this road he's about to go on is part of the process of becoming a young man, a mini adult. I hope he makes good friends . Is true to who he is . And makes good choices and isn't afraid to talk to his mom about anything and everything. And if and when he does I hope I will be open supportive and remember what it was like to be that age. It wasn't that long ago maybe that's the bonus to being a young mommy ! Let's hope ! Here's to the future with a boy like mine it's bound to be bright !
2 comments:
That's so exciting, super fun. Can't wait to hear stories from Joe when he starts school.
Jr High. What an experience.
Cute pic of Cole & Josh.
I was looking at my blog today, and remembered about all my friends blogs. Its been fun catching up!
Post a Comment